Out of the several bases that hair systems use, thin skin systems are among the most versatile. What makes them so? Let’s take a look.
Of the typical bases used for the making of hair system, I.e, french lace, full lace, skin with lace front, and lace/mono with a polyurethane edge, those that fall under the category of “thin skin” are becoming quite the trend. A thin skin hair system, also sometimes referred to as a “poly skin hair system,” is any system that uses a translucent polyurethane material as its base.” This gives the impression that the hair is growing out of the scalp itself. This level of realism is the reason for their increasing popularity.
There are a number of other attractive qualities that these hair systems present.
- As we mentioned already, they are designed to be as invisible as possible, and give the appearance of hair growing directly from the scalp.
- It feels soft and comfortable on the scalp.
- It is adept at preventing dirt and other pollution from getting under it and onto your skin.
- It doesn’t allow sweat to leak out and into the hair follicles themselves.
- They are very lightweight
- They are very easy to clean and don’t require as much regular maintenance as other bases.
- They are easy to apply, use, and generally don’t irritate the skin
- Compared to surgical hair replacement options, this hair system is a very economical option.
On top of all these benefits, there are quite a few options when it comes to models. Let’s just give a brief overview of the different kinds and what they are like.
- The Ultra-Thin Skin Hair System
As the name suggests, this base is extremely thin; it has a base of 0.03mm. It has no shine, and many consider it the best fit to mimic a persons real scalp and skin color.
- Super Think Skin Hair System
Measuring in at a slightly thicker 0.06 - 0.08mm, this system still comes in a standard ten inch base size. It is almost identical in comfort, though it is slightly heavier, which can make it hotter in certain climates.
- Transparent Thin Skin Hair System
This is a thick, 0.06-008mm base hair system with wavy hair attached to it, and comes in a 5-6 inch length. Because of its thickness, it is among the most durable kinds, though, as with all thick bases, it can get hot in the Summer.
- Skin Gauze Hair System
As the name suggests, this hair system has a PU base that is reinforced with gauze, which makes it extra tough; with a 0.08-0.1mm thickness. It has no extra lace at the front, but is considered slightly more comfortable than just a PU coating.
- PU Coating Hair System
This system is a little different in that the PU is coated around the edge of the base. It has several layers of french lace or mono which is then attached to the edge of the base. This system is also quite thick at 0.1mm, but combines the best in durability, breathability, and realism, making it a popular choice among consumers.
So, as you can see, there are a number of reasons that a think skin hair system could be right for you, and there is certainly no shortage of options. Whatever you end up choosing though, it’s always best to stay informed of the latest styles and trends, and as always, happy hair hunting.